Building Personnel – Collection Notice
We may collect personal information such as:
- general contact and identification details (e.g. name, address, email address and phone number);
- information about your education and work history, qualifications and skills;
- opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), which will only be collected with your consent;
- information about your work rights and your eligibility to work within Australia which may include details, copies or presentation of the originals of any applicable visa, passport, birth or citizenship certificate, or other relevant documentation;
- sensitive information (e.g. information about your health, medical history or specific condition, criminal record, professional memberships etc.), which will only be collected with your consent;
- any results of relevant tests in which you participate including but not limited to online testing carried out by us on behalf of our clients;
- your tax file number and relevant bank and superannuation account information; and
- other information relevant in the circumstances.
We do this primarily for the purpose of and incidental to providing our services.
We collect personal information directly from you, other than where:
- you apply for a role or your resume directly via out website or through a third-party website, application or service;
- we undertake reference checks with, or receive reference or performance feedback (whether negative or positive) from, any of your former or current employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration bodies (reference checks are only undertaken with your consent);
- we receive results of any medical tests or criminal history checks, (which are only undertaken with your consent);
- we receive results from any competency tests in which you participate;
- we undertake a check to assess your eligibility to work within Australia; and/or
- we collect information from public records such as social media, including LinkedIn and Facebook.
We may also use your personal information to consider any requests you make of us, for the purpose of promoting our products or services, to perform administrative functions, and to comply with our legal obligations.
If you do not provide this information in whole or in part, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require.
We will treat any information that you give us as confidential. However, we pass this information onto our clients, your referees and other persons, companies or other entities who perform functions or services on our behalf or where otherwise required by law. Some of those companies we may disclose personal information to may be located in countries including the United States of America, member countries of the European Union, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, India, China and countries within the Asia Pacific region.
We will request that any organisation to which your personal information is disclosed also treats the information as confidential.
If you have an enquiry about privacy, you can contact us at E: email@example.com or T: +61 3 9598 3868.